Friday, May 7, 2010

Past Thoughts

In 1991 Director Spike Lee released his movie Jungle Fever. It is from the film that I chose the name for my blog. I thought that it would be helpful it re-viewed this film and learned about past thought on interracial dating. In the following clip from the film, a group of African American women converse with one another about Black Men dating white women. The conversation is filled with stereotypical thoughts, hate towards white women who seek to date black men, and even negativity towards a Black woman who chooses to date outside of her race. I hope the following clip gives some insight on how some Black women viewed interracial dating between White women and Black men and how some Black women may view interracial dating today. I warn you that this film clip contains strong language that may be eoffensive to some viewers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpOMQ41UB9c

No comments:

Post a Comment